Digital potential: High School
This 60-minute lesson consists of a series of instructional videos and breakouts in which students can unpack the challenges and share experiences if they wish (although it is of course not mandatory to “tell all” in such a critical, sensitive and public environment.) For the teacher guiding the lesson, we have provided a list of five steps below.
Watch the Introduction
Download Lesson Plan
Download Teacher Pack
Watch Video Modules
Complete the Quizz
Welcome to MySociaLife’s Critical Thinking Module. Life online is littered with so many falsehoods and traps, how can we learn to discern right from wrong, safe from dangerous, true from false, and be equipped to make smarter digital decisions? We’ll need the tools to assess the information, take a pause, and practice clear thinking. It won’t be easy. But it will most certainly be a necessity in this decade.
Now that you understand what the lesson seeks to achieve and what the key messages are, please download your lesson plan to guide you through your 60 minute lesson. This pdf document contains:
- An outline of the sections within this module
- A list of the breakout sessions when students work on various questions and topics together.
Some teachers ask for additional resources like exercises or extra videos which they can use in follow-up lessons. This pdf document contains:
- Your final step is to check-in that your learners were listening, were engaged and absorbed the lesson’s information. To do this you have three options based upon your style of teaching
- Download the quiz and verbally ask the questions in class
- Download the quiz and provide it as a written assessment (this would require marking!)
- Request MySociaLife to onboard your students’ email addresses and they can take the assessment by logging in and completing the questions online