Digital Parenting Club Parental Agreement
MySociaLife Pty Ltd
“You” and “Your” shall be a reference to the Parent, the Learner and/or the Subscriber, as the case may be. “MSL” is a reference to MySociaLife. In the case of a School, access to the Material shall be limited to the number of Teachers, Parents and/or Learners stipulated by the School and as agreed. By subscribing to the Digital Parenting Club services, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree, please do not access the Services.
Nature of Service
The content provided by the Digital Parenting Club, such as text, graphics, images, video, audio, and other materials, is for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for professional advice or treatment. Reliance on any information provided is at your own risk.
Use of Materials
The content is protected by copyright and is for personal, non-commercial use only. The use of the Content is restricted to You, who has been supplied with the log-in details as part of an authorised member of the Digital Parenting Club.
You may not copy, share, modify, transmit, distribute, or in any way, exploit the Content provided by MSL other than for Your own individual use.
Use for any other purpose is expressly prohibited and MSL reserves the right to enforce its rights in accordance with the law.
You may not permit anyone else to copy, use modify, transmit, distribute, or in anyway, exploit the Content and materials provided on the MSL site.
In consideration of the fees paid by You, MSL grants to You a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive licence to access the Content and materials.
If You violate any of these Terms and Conditions, Your permission to access the Content automatically terminates and You must immediately destroy any copies You have made of any portion of the Content.
You are granted a limited, non-exclusive license to access the content. Unauthorized use, copying, or distribution of the content is strictly prohibited.
Access to the Content
We strive to provide uninterrupted access to the content but cannot guarantee this due to factors beyond our control. We will take commercially reasonable efforts to restore access promptly.
You agree not to submit any content that infringes on others’ rights or is unlawful. Submissions may be subject to review and removal at our discretion.
MSL reserves the right, but is not obliged, to do any or all of the following:
- investigate an allegation that a communication(s) do(es) not conform to the terms of this section and determine in its sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the communication(s);
- remove communications which are abusive, illegal, or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions;
- terminate Your access to the Site upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions; or
- edit or delete any communication(s) posted on the MSL Site, regardless of whether such communication(s) violate these standards.
- MSL or its licensors have no liability or responsibility to users of the MSL Site or any other person or entity for performance or non-performance of the aforementioned activities.
Liability and Warranties
Warranties and Liability of MSL and its licensors:
The use of the MSL Site and the Content, and Your reliance thereon, is solely at Your own risk.
All references to MSL will include a reference to its shareholders, promoters, employees, representatives, directors, agents, consultants, advisers, subcontractors, licensors and any other persons acting for or on their behalf in the provision of any service and/or product contemplated or provided for herein (“Affiliates”).
When using the MSL Platforms, information will be transmitted over a medium that may be beyond the control and jurisdiction of MSL. Accordingly, MSL assumes no liability for, or relating to, the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the MSL Site.
The MSL Platforms and the Content are provided on an “as is” basis. MSL and its Affiliates, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaim all warranties, either express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of third parties’ rights, and fitness for particular purpose. Without limiting the foregoing, MSL and its Affiliates make no representations or warranties about the following:
- the accuracy, reliability, usefulness, adequacy, suitability, completeness, correctness, or timeliness of the Content, software, text, graphics, links, or communications provided on or through the use of the MSL Site or MSL; and/or
- the satisfaction of any government regulations requiring disclosure of information on prescription drug products or the approval or compliance of any software tools with regard to the Content contained on the MSL Site.
- MSL and its Affiliates do not warrant that the Content will be error free, including but not limited to inaccuracies, nor free of virus, or other harmful matter. The entire cost of any necessary service, repair or correction is Your responsibility.
- In no event shall MSL or its Affiliates be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, special, punitive, indirect, incidental and consequential damages, personal injury including death, lost profits, loss of use or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use of, misuse of, or inability to use, the MSL Site, the Content or Public Areas (as defined below), whether based on warranty, contract, or any other legal theory, and whether or not MSL or its Affiliates are advised of the possibility of such damages.
Neither MSL nor any of its Affiliates is or will be liable for any loss or damages of any nature whatsoever suffered by You or any other person arising out of or in connection with:
any act or omission of MSL or its Affiliates, save for any act or omission which is wilfully intended to cause loss or is grossly negligent;
- a breach of this Agreement by You; and/or
- any interruption, delay, suspension, defect or failure in the distribution or reception of the selected service beyond MSL’s reasonable control.
- Any claims arising in connection with Your use of the Site, any Content, or the Public Areas must be brought within 1 (one) year of the date the event giving rise to such action occurred. MSL’s liability is limited to the amount of fees You have paid to MSL as at the date of the event giving rise to the liability in question.
- Remedies under these Terms and Conditions are exclusive and are limited to those expressly provided for in these Terms and Conditions.
You undertake to defend, indemnify, and hold MSL and its Affiliates harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities, losses, expenses, damages, costs and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, Your violation/breach of these Terms and Conditions, Your relationship with MSL, any negligent or wrongful action or omission by You related to Your use of the services through MSL, including unethical, unprofessional, negligent or wrongful conduct by You or any other person acting on Your behalf.
Waivers and indulgences
Any express waiver of any breach of this Agreement will not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach. Likewise, one or more waivers of any right, obligation or default will not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent right, obligation or default.
Any time indulgence given, or liability which is released, compounded or compromised, either in whole or in part, by one party to the other party, is done so in isolation and without affecting or prejudicing its rights against that other party under the same or a like liability, whether joint and several or otherwise.
MSL is based in Cape Town, Western Cape Province, South Africa. MSL makes no claims that MSL, or the MSL Site and the Content are appropriate or may be downloaded outside of South Africa. Access to the Content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If You access the MSL Site from outside South Africa, You do so at Your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of Your jurisdiction.
To the extent MSL does not have a presence and/or offering in Your country, and You are not within South Africa, You are deemed to be within the South African borders and under the jurisdiction of the South African courts for any matter that may arise relating to MSL or its Affiliates.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid, illegal, contrary to public policy or unenforceable by a Court of competent jurisdiction or arbitrator, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions will in no way be affected or impaired thereby, and this Agreement will remain and be of full force and effect.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa.
Changes to Terms
Digital Parenting Club reserves the right to modify these terms at any time. Continued access to the Services after changes means acceptance of the new terms.
By checking this box, you confirm that you are the parent or legal guardian of the child(ren) for whom the Services are accessed, and you consent to these terms on their behalf if they are under the age of 18. You also confirm that you are legally competent to agree to these terms.