High School Student Program
- Contents: 8 x 60 minute video lessons
- Support: 1 x teacher lesson plan & resource pack
- Quiz / Assessment: 8 in total
- Duration: 8 hours
- Skill level: Ages 13 to 17
- Language: English
- Certification: Yes
Watch our short explainer video
MySociaLife is an EdTech Digital LifeSkills, Online Safety, and Social Media Program offering 8 x 60 minute video lessons (and a teacher lesson plan) to train and educate Grade 8 to 11 learners in eight highly complex areas of life online, on games and on social media.
Through 8 hours of videos, animations, highly visual slides, and guidance from the leading instructor in digital citizenship, the program offers schools a fast track to transform digital culture by moving teens through three critical development stages as they navigate their digital and social landscape.
- Safer: Foundation phase
- Smarter: Exploration phase
- Excellence: Competence phase
What will your students cover in the 8 modules?
Why is this necessary for schools?
- It’s impossible to keep track: There are so many new apps to understand, privacy settings, cybersecurity warnings, trends in bullying, new digital dares and different types of sexual expression online, it’s impossible to keep up and keep track.
- Parental demand: Parents expect their school to take action, and, at the same time, schools want parents to take responsibility. MySociaLife trains students, parents, teachers and school leaders, bringing all role-players up to speed whilst empowering them to be safe online.
- Reputation matters: If things go wrong online for a student (or teacher), the story breaks quickly. The school’s hard work, and its brand, are in jeopardy along with next year’s student intake applications.
- The invisibility of mental health issues: During presentations and student surveys, we hear from learners struggling with anxiety, depression and self-harm. Parents, teachers and guardians are often the last to know – up to 40% of teens do not share their online fears and concerns with parents, teachers or counsellors.
- Varsity/University: As applications for the next phase of education become more competitive with administrators checking social media profiles, only those with positive digital footprints stand out. We show students how to differentiate themselves by building positive digital assets like Linkedin, personal websites and online resumes.
- Teacher support: Teachers report difficulty competing with devices that facilitate bullying, gaming, and social media – resulting in distracted, exhausted, disengaged or anxious students. It is of paramount importance that teachers know what to look out for.
How does it work exactly?
Ready to move your school in a new direction?
Check out our pricing page to calculate your quote
More detailed info on our modules!
With so many falsehoods and traps online, how can students learn to discern right from wrong, safe from dangerous, true from false, and be equipped to make smarter decisions online.
Social media, messaging, anonymous “Ask Me Anything” forums, flaming, trolling, and shaming are just a few of the forms of bullying which create emotional and mental harm.
Understanding that the internet keeps a record of your published content, hashtags, images, videos and account tags (forever) raises a key question: “After a decade of studying, and a bright future ahead of you, how do you appear online when searched?”
Understanding privacy & settings for platforms
Many students are unfazed by privacy concerns. We reveal the reality of manipulation and influence by a powerful and divisive algorithm. We show students how much more there is to privacy & how to use settings effectively.
Mental health, brain-body connection & focus
Learners self-regulate better when they understand the connection between brain and body, and the impact of social media on mental health, focus, mood and sleep.
Cybersecurity, scams & clickbait
Cybercrime has become on of the most significant threats to economies in recent years. But do students understand how scams, clickbait and sextortion threaten their safety?
Sexuality online, sexting & sextortion
Sexuality is more than gender or ‘sex’. This module unpacks this layered topic and how it presents on social media, proposing ways to develop a healthier relationship with ‘self’.
Digital potential, the future of work & 4IR
There are many opportunities to excel when shown the digital path. We reveal inspirational ‘how-to’ videos, useful links and apps to explore, guiding teens to dial up their potential and differentiate themselves online.